(909) 885-7190

Inland Empire Workers’ Compensation Lawyer

Albert E. Hirst Law Offices | Dedicated Workers’ Compensation Lawyer

No matter whether you work a construction or factory job or sit at a desk all day if you have been injured while performing your job duties, you might have the right to receive compensation for your medical bills and other expenses.  Employees in California are covered by a workers’ compensation insurance program through their employer, so if you sustain injuries on the job, your employer should be able to provide the financial assistance you need.  If you’ve been injured, be sure to consult with an experienced Inland Empire workers’ compensation lawyer by calling (909) 885-7190 as soon as possible after your accident so that you can obtain the compensation you deserve.

Workers’ Compensation Benefits in California

As an injured worker, the workers’ compensation benefits in California to which you are entitled typically depends on the extent of your injuries.  If your injuries render you unable to work, you might receive financial assistance until you can go back to work.  However, if your injuries are permanent or your recovery will take a significant amount of time, you might qualify for long-term assistance or a program that will help you return to the job market.  In any event, workers’ compensation insurance generally provides the following benefits for injured employees:

  1. Payments for medical expenses incurred because of your injury;
  2. Temporary disability or payments that cover any lost wages from the time you might have to take off to recover from your injuries;
  3. Permanent disability or payments that provide support to you and your family if you are unable to return to work;
  4. Supplemental job displacement benefits are available if you need to receive training for a new job because you cannot return to your previous job; and
  5. Death benefits for your family if you sustain fatal injuries.

Employer Responsibilities in California

When it comes to workers’ compensation insurance, employers in California are required to obtain and keep workers’ compensation coverage for their employees.  Employers must pay the premiums, and they cannot take money from your paycheck to help cover the costs of workers’ compensation insurance.  If you get hurt while you are at work, within one working day of your injury, your employer should provide you with the appropriate claim forms.  Attorney Albert E. Hirst can assist you with the claim filing process and with any appeals should your claim be denied.

  • Filing a Claim
  • Claim Denials & Appeals

Workers’ Compensation Accidents and Injuries

If you are injured on the job, whether the injury was the result of a one-time accident, or it developed over a period of time, workers’ compensation should cover your injuries as long as the injury occurred while you were performing your job duties or while you were at your place of employment.  The following links provide more information on some of the types of accidents and injuries that might be covered by workers’ compensation:

  • Workplace Vehicle Accidents
  • Repetitive Motion Injuries
  • Orthopedic Work Injuries

Dedicated and Knowledgeable Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Serving the Inland Empire

If you’ve been injured on the job in the San Bernardino, Hemet, or Inland Empire areas, no matter how minor or severe your injuries are, be sure to contact one of the most skilled and knowledgeable workers’ compensation attorneys in the Inland Empire – Albert E. Hirst.  Albert E. Hirst – Workers’ Compensation Lawyer, has extensive experience representing those who have sustained workplace injuries and can help you obtain the compensation you need and deserve so that you can focus on your recovery.  Call us today at (909) 885-7190 and schedule your free and confidential consultation.